We had a great day today getting to know each other and learning about being in Third Grade and new classroom. Thank you to those who came to the meet and greet. It was really nice meeting you. Tomorrow is the first full day at school. Please remember to send back the forms for the office as soon as possible. Thank you!
In preparation for next school year, please let me know as soon as possible if your child WILL NOT be returning for the next school year. There is a form that must be completed so we know not to add your child to a class list for next year. If your child is staying at Hedenkamp next year, please come in to the main office to provide your proof of residency. The office will be open for residency verification today (Monday) until 6 PM, tomorrow 8AM to 4 PM and Wednesday 8AM to 4 PM. Thank you!
3rd Grade DI – Miss Rynd
Important Reminders for April 17th – 24th
- VAPA will be on Monday afternoon this week
- Spirit Day on Friday: wear purple for Purple Up for Military
- Please have students bring a pair of headphones or earbuds to use at school in preparation for the CAASPP test.
- Behavior is recorded daily on Class Dojo – please check it on a regular basis
Academics – 70% Spanish
- For math, we have been focusing on telling time and solving problems involving elapsed time.
- I will be sending home a mid-chapter review tomorrow that your child took related to what we have been learning about. This week’s math groups will be focused on addressing any misconceptions and extending their learning based on that.
- Students have been reviewing and using what they learned about the branches of government in first quarter to write cause and effect pieces about one of the branches and how the others would be affected if it didn’t exist.
Students have been assigned their habitats for their research project. We will be learning about the habitats and working on the writing portion at school this week. That part of it will be due on April 21st. Next week we will be learning about and working on their accompanying PowerPoints. These will be presented in class the week of May 1st.
Academics – 30% English (w/ Mrs. Lopez)
- We have been practicing and applying the skill of comparing and contrasting two texts on the same topic.
- Students have been applying the skills we have learned this year by being guided through parts of a practice CAASPP test (the official one will be taken May 9th-12th).
- Students have been working on writing cause and effect pieces regarding the endangerment of polar bears
- Math Practice: Pages 12.4, 12.5 and 12.6
- 4: identifying intersecting, parallel and perpendicular lines in polygons
- 5: classifying quadrilaterals as squares, rectangles, rhombuses and trapezoids
- 6: draw quadrilaterals
- Achieve: Our goals is 3 Spanish activities and 2 English activities a week
- R. Reading: Reading 20 minutes every night is crucial for students’ progress so if they are not doing reading activities for Achieve, students should be reading their A.R books (A.R. tests can only be taken at school however)
Today your child brought home a flyer/envelope about the Ident-a-kid Program. If you would like them to get an Identification card from Ident-a-kid, please fill out the form that is on the back, enclose cash, check or money order or pay online and have them turn it back into to me by Wednesday February 1st. That is the day they will be coming to take the pictures for the ID cards.
As you know, our next field trip is planned for Thursday February 23rd to go to the USS Midway Museum. To prepare for the trip, I have chosen the parents who will be coming along as chaperones and will be messaging them through Class Dojo. Since a limited number of adults are allowed to come on this trip based on class size, I randomly selected those that are coming from those that volunteered. Thank you for your support 🙂
Join us in watching the movie Elf (Rate PG), starring Will Ferrel …
Friday, December 2nd, at 5:00pm
(Doors open at 4:30pm)
The movie will be held in the MPR at Hedenkamp Elementary
Refreshments will be available for purchase:
- Nachos – $3.00
- Juice or water- $1.00
- Cookies- $1.00 each
- Combo (includes Nachos, beverage of choice & cookie)- $5.00
Good afternoon parents!
Tomorrow is our first 3rd grade field trip this year. We will be going to Old Town to learn about the history of Old Town and the communities that first settled there. Students should be at school at the normal time and we will be leaving at 9 am from Hedenkamp. Remember students should bring a sack lunch that can be thrown away afterwards. Students will carry their lunches in their backpacks during the tour. Students should also bring water,a hat and wear sunscreen and comfortable shoes to walk in. With your help, I hope to make this the first of many successful field trips this year!
P.S. I did not see anyone indicate on the permission slip that their child needed a lunch from the cafeteria for the field trip but please message me and let me know if that is not the case. Thank you.